Terms And Conditions
1. The owner of this web site is Berkshire Trade Flooring Supplies Ltd whose address is Berkshire Trade Flooring Supplies, Unit 39 Longshot Lane, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1RL (Berkshire Trade Flooring/we /us/our). Registration number 06547205
2. Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Berkshire Trade Flooring Supplies Ltd.
3. Minors under 18 years old can only use our services with the prior consent of their parents or guardians. A minor must refrain from buying items that are restricted to adults (e.g: Blades & solvents).
4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Berkshire Trade Flooring until Berkshire Trade Flooring confirms that the product(s) have been dispatched to you by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Berkshire Trade Flooring of your offer to buy goods from Berkshire Trade Flooring (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
5. If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. If the error is discovered prior to your receipt of the confirmation email, we will cancel and refund your order.
6. You must have a unique email address to use our site. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication, and you agree all notices made via e-mail satisfy any legal requirements that such notices be made in writing.
7. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
8. The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and conditions, and may be amended in accordance with paragraph 42 below from time to time.
9. You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure you are able to receive e-mails from Berkshire Trade Flooring. We recommend you add Berkshire Trade Flooring to your safe sender list, and check that your online security software does not block e-mails from us. In the unlikely event you do have any difficulty receiving email from us please advise your Internet Service Provider who should be able to assist you further.
12. You undertake that all details you provide to Berkshire Trade Flooring for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
13. You must choose a password on completion of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under your unique email address and password and shall only use the Site under your own email address and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your email address to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your email address or password.
14. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Berkshire Trade Flooring as soon as possible.
Right to Cancel Unwanted Items
PLEASE NOTE THEY WE OPPERATE A NO RETURNS POLICY ON ALL WOOD AND LAMINATE FLOOR COVERINGS, PLEASE ORDER CAREFULLY
WE ALSO OPPERATE A NO RETURNS POLICY ON ANY FLOOR COVERING WHICH HAS BEEN CUT FROM A ROLL, I.E VINYLS AND CARPETS, PLEASE ORDER CAREFULLY.
15. You may cancel your order on any product except wood flooring, laminate, carpets and vinyls cut from a roll at any time but no later than 14 working days after the day you received the product by:
(i). sending the notice of cancellation by email ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or
(ii). where you have already received the goods, following our returns authorisation procedure by contacting Berkshire Trade Flooring by email or phone. We will provide you with details on how and where to send your item. Wrap the item securely and include the original invoice. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
16. Unless the item is defective or damaged, you will need to pay for the return postage. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. We cannot refund or exchange used or customer damaged items (statutory rights not affected). When you return your goods, please retain proof of posting from your shipper, otherwise we cannot be responsible for any items that fail to reach us.
18. We will refund your credit card once we have received and processed the item as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of notice of cancellation. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to Berkshire Trade Flooring or if you fail to return goods you will be liable for any charges incurred in relation to attempts to collect the goods.
Damaged, Defective, Incorrectly Sent, Incorrectly Advertised Items
19. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Berkshire Trade Flooring shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question. Please follow our returns authorisation procedure by contacting Berkshire Trade Flooring by email or phone. We will email details on how and where to send your item.
20. Items delivered damaged or defective or are of a different quantity to that stated should be signed for as such, or delivery should be refused. Please notify Berkshire Trade Flooring of the problem by email or telephone as soon as possible and preferably within 14 working days of delivery of the goods. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. Multi-buy items: Main or qualifying multi-buy items can be returned to us if they are damaged or defective. We are able to offer you a replacement for any qualifying multi-buy items. Due to the nature of these promotions, we cannot offer you a refund for the main or qualifying item alone.
22. This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Berkshire Trade Flooring do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Berkshire Trade Flooring negligence or wilful default, or that of Berkshire Trade Flooring employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
23. Berkshire Trade Flooring does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
24. Berkshire Trade Flooring will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
25. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Berkshire Trade Flooring is providing this site and its contents on an as is basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or the information, content, materials, or products included in this site including, without limitation warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Berkshire Trade Flooring does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current..
26. You and Berkshire Trade Flooring will only be liable under these Terms for losses that are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
Processing of orders
27. Berkshire Trade Flooring debits credit and debit cards on the day of shipping. All advertised prices include VAT.
28. Every purchase you make shall be deemed as being performed in the UK. UK law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from the Site.
29. All in stock items placed and paid for by 2pm, will be dispatched on the same day, unless the order was placed on a weekend or public holiday. Orders placed and paid for on these days will be processed on the next working day. (i.e. orders placed on Saturday will be dispatched on Monday)
30. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers or we are experiencing a high volume of orders. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Berkshire Trade Flooring are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
31. Items are normally posted by 1st class Royal Mail or via a courier and should be delivered within 24 to 48 hours. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. However, if you do not receive your goods within 48 hours, please contact us. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation.
32. If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Berkshire Trade Flooring advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
33. Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
34. We use a number of third party delivery agents to ensure your orders are delivered to you as quickly as possible. Any losses after the item has been dispatched from our website must be reported to us.
35. We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
36. We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
37. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
38. You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
39. In these Terms, Intellectual Property Rights means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
40. Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, Berkshire Trade Flooring reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of Berkshire Trade Flooring and its affiliates trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in Berkshire Trade Flooring and its affiliates, as appropriate.
41. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid debit or credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Berkshire Trade Flooring tracks the electronic fingerprints of every order placed on Berkshire Trade Flooring to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
42. Berkshire Trade Flooring may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following Berkshire Trade Flooring posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the Site.
43. These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Berkshire Trade Flooring and you relating to your purchase. Berkshire Trade Flooring advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Berkshire Trade Flooring. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with Berkshire Trade Flooring. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
44. If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
45. These Terms are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom.